To apply for the Australian Skilled Independent Category you must be working in a job that is on the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL). If your occupation is on the list you will then need to have the correct amount of points based on your age, training and education, work experience and finally your English language ability.

Benefits of this type of permit

Once your application has been approved:

  • You and your family are able to live and work in Australia permanently.
  • You can study in Australia.
  • You receive subsidized health care benefits through Medicare.
  • ​You can sponsor other family members for permanent residency.
  • ​You can apply for Australian citizenship.

Things you need to know about this visa

You will need to stay in the State or Territory that has nominated you for at least two years, after two years you will be able to live and work anywhere in Australia.

What is needed?

We would need to submit your skills assessment to the relevant assessing authority. This stage can be a complex and confusing process, but relax we are the experienced and knowledgeable ones who will ensure that this stage goes smoothly and is stress free.

​The IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System), this is part of every Skilled Migration application. Every case is different when it comes to what you need to score, and as part of our assessment we will be able to advise you through what is needed.

Take our free online assessment to see if you are eligible for a Skilled Nominated (190) entry permit.